Start a new topic

evicting boyfriend from my home

I own my own home.  Do I have to follow the same process as I would a tenant.  i.e. 30 day notice  or is there a quicker way?

Typically you must go through the traditional eviction process, as if he were renting a room from you in the house. However, in those situations it's usually enough to serve them with a pre-eviction notice to pay rent or quit, and if that doesn't work filing the eviction will almost definitely get them out before actually having to go to rent court. Best of luck!
In many locales, removing someone who is "living" with you as a friend or a significant other may just have to be a phone call to the police. It is often considered a domestic situation. I would contact your local authorities - they may be able to direct you.
Login to post a comment