Start a new topic


If I have a tenant breaking building code violations who  do you report them to
1 Comment

Generally, this would be the zoning office within your location. I would make sure and send them notice before you make a report. I would then complete the repair and bill the tenant. Often a county, township or city ordinance or zoning office will hold a landlord (owner) responsible unless they have made every effort to remain in compliance. I do not think as a rule a zoning office will get involved with a tenant dispute. They hold the owner responsible. If it is a health threat then you may be able to get the health department involved. That would be a bit different.
Login to post a comment