Start a new topic

Interest on back due rent

Hello,  I'm in the state of Maryland (PG). I had tenants who had to be removed.  They currently owe me around $8,500 in back rent.  Can I chage interest on the money owed and if so at what %?   They will not accept my certifed/return receipt mailings. I have done the paperwork to get them back in court.
1 Comment

It matters not if the tenant will not accecpt your Certified letter. In most States, by the Tenant NOT SHOWING up for the Court hearing will be justifacation for you to win the Case. Not sure on how you states will allow you intrest on the past due accounts as I'm in Texas.
Login to post a comment