Start a new topic

How Quick to Evict?

I am in the middle of my first eviction process and have found out the hard way that nice guys DO finish last.  I tried to work with the tenants for months until it became very apparent they were in over their heads and were never going to be able to catch up.  They are out of the premises now but I don't want to make the same mistakes again.  How quickly can you begin eviction proceedings for non-payment of rent?  My plan right now - pending advice from this forum -  is to give a tenant 10 Notice to Cure or Vacate should they not pay by the 10th of the month (my leases currently have penalties for late payment).  If I get nothing after the 10 day notices, can I start evicting on the 21st of the month?

Check with County Police Dept/Lawyer. It varies by state/municipality. In WI, 90 days min. And if children are involved, never between Nov-Apr.
In oklahoma I gave them 30 days after not paying on the 5th and than I went to court house and filed for eviciton and had it served it they weren't out within  30 days I was told I could get the police over and change lock and they would walk the tenent off the property.
does anyone  know whats the evection process in new mexico  ty
Login to post a comment