Start a new topic

Legal to kick one tenant out for abusive father?

I have a lease with four students.  The father of one of the students called me and spoke very abusively to me.   Now I want his son out as I will not tolerate this behavior from the father.  Can I reimburse the tenant his rent and security deposit and demand that he move out?  The father happens to be a co-signer but the lease his in the students names and they are all over 18.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Think before you act. Removing one of the students because of the verbal demeanor of a co-signor can create more problems than alleviating them. Perhaps you can notify this parent in writing that you will no longer engage in personal phone calls. Let him know that all communication will be done in writing ONLY! See if that works for you.
If the tenant is willing to accept the terms of an early release, yes. If not, just hang up the phone on the father. If his name isn't on the lease, it's harassment.
If all the tenants are willing to accept the terms of an early release, yes. Unless it's an emergency, just hang up the phone on the father.
Login to post a comment