Start a new topic

• notice to vacate the premises based on false accusations

I just received a 90 day notice to vacate the premises that I live at. I have lived here over a year and never had any problems, and always pay my rent on time. a new tenant moved in 2 months ago and I have had problems with her non stop. She has tried everything she can to ruin my life. (made false police reports, called child protective service, even gone as far as say I beat her up. Now she has been calling my prop. mngmnt. place lying about me and they gave me this notice. Is it legal for them to evict me based on hear say. What should I do? Please Help!       Posted by Jessica A., CA on Oct 2, 2009 5:36 PM
1 Comment

Jessica, a landlord may take a tenant to court after serving proper notice. You can however defend yourself in court. Bring proof of payment of rent and any police reports and let the judge decide.
Login to post a comment