Start a new topic

Small claims - where to file?

Sublet was in California, we live in Washington and made sublease agreement from Washington, the landlord/tenant travels but we wired deposit to New York account.   It has been 3 months since the sublet agreement has ended and we have not received the deposit back.    Does anyone know what state we need to file the small claims case in?  Can we file in the state where we live or do we need to file this in the state that the apartment is located in?    Failing anyone knowing the answer, do you know who I would go to to find out?   Thanks.
1 Comment

Generally, in most states, cases are filed in which the property is located.
Login to post a comment