Start a new topic

landlord ending lease

i have tenants that owe money, bounced a check. i did not renew their lease that ended in june 2009 which by CA law results to a month to month. by them now being on a month to month not signed by eithr party as default can i ask for monies owed and terminate their tenancy because i must pay the mortage and get someone in the property that will pay on time and not bounce checks?
1 Comment

I don't know ca laws but i would think if they are behind and on a month to month basis you can give them a pay or vacate type notice.  I would start with a friendly notice on the bounced check and give a deadline.
Login to post a comment