Start a new topic

authorized occupant eviction

I live in Virginia and have moved my gf and her 2 children into my house.  I want her to leave, do I have to give her notice or can I just remove all their possessions and change the locks on the house.
1 Comment

Just give the local police department a call.  Here in Texas, if they give a deposit, they are a "tenent" and have to have a 30 day notice.  Your state may be different.  How long has she been there?  There may be a law about common property if it's an extended amount of time.  If the police department gives you the green light, keep the officer's name and take notes just in case it ends up in a battle.
Login to post a comment