Start a new topic

oven broken

Since moving into our new apartment on March 1, 2010 our oven has not worked.  The landlord is aware of it and will get it replaced.  The stove works however I have been unable to use the oven which I use a lot. The landlord has to replace the stove. It will probably be another week or two before we get a new stove with a working oven.   Should we be compensated by the landlord for the lack of use of the oven?

ABSOLUTELY,I am a landlord and the problem should of been fixed in a normal amount of time , like 48 to 72 hours after being notified. I mean a stove if it is gas sometimes you have to wait for a service tech , but electric should of been right away.
It appears that you rented the property knowing the oven did not work. What's not clear is what promises were made before move-in and did LL try to repair oven and after evaluating the problem decided to replace it. In either case, I feel that receiving a new range within 3 weeks after move-in is not unreasonable. You're still able to prepare meals. Look at the bright side....the new oven will be more efficient and will save you $$$$ in the long run.
Login to post a comment