Start a new topic

Tenant Excessive Damage Want criminal in NC.

My Tenants damage my property excessively in NC.  It was a brand new home.  I'm sick over it.  I won the highest in a civil jugement, but I want to sue them criminally.  After the evection, they left 4 dogs in my home and well you know what happened.  Damage is extensive.  I have pictures and witnesses.  Can I sue them criminally?  How hard is it to get judgement in my favor.  The way it looks the tenants make out.    Heart sick in NC.
1 Comment

There is a NC statute:" § 42-11.  Willful destruction by tenant misdemeanor " that allows for criminal prosecution but it is a class 1 misdemeanor. Basically it would be like a slap on the wrist and probably take alot of time on your part. I would follow through with getting a judgement on their record so that it makes it quite hard for them to get another rental. You can also explore..taking all measures possible to collect the judgement.
Login to post a comment