Start a new topic

ElectricaI Issues

House is 100 years old - electrical was updated about 20 yrs ago, but still utilizes screw in/clip in fuses. Have never had ANY electrical problems, power outtages, etc in the 17+ yrs we have rented the property.  Tenant asked prior to move in "Am I going to blow fuses all the time, because where I am they blow all the time and I have to call my landlord".  Within 3 days of move in, we get a call the power is out so we go over at 11pm to find 2 outlets burned out but see multiple extension cords plugged into each outlet and each other.  Now seeing why maybe they had problem at previous place - is this my responsibilty as a landlord to repair or theirs for the hazardous overload of electrical system - probably causing the burn out?
1 Comment

If it is written in your lease and in some cases even if it is not, damages created by the direct negligence of a tenant and overloading an outlet would constitute this to me, is not only basis for eviction but depending on the wording of the lease, also the responsibility of the tenant.
Login to post a comment