Start a new topic

Tenant Delay in Scheduling Repair

Had a rental in AZ where the tenant told me back in end of January that there was a leak in the master bath enclosure. I had since then scheduled a Home Warranty tech to try and fix it. After a month of scheduling and re-scheduling, I found out it wasn't covered. I then had the property mgmt company use their vendor to fix this. It's been 3 weeks since then and they finally got a schedule locked down but it's not til the end of March - which is two weeks away. If the damage has worsten because of this long delay, can I charge the tenant back for negligence or delay? How is this normally handled and is there a way of making sure future repairs do not go on for months again before they get scheduled? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
1 Comment

Jon, for the future there is this doc: http://www.ezlandlordforms.com/documents/31/notice_to_enter/  As far as charging additional money, you would most likely need to consult an attorney. You may be able to deduct from their security deposit.
Login to post a comment