Start a new topic

how much notice must a landlord give

My daughter's landlord told her recently he must exterminate her building for bedbugs. she does notactually have them, but another tenant who vacated did. he is trying to exterminate within a week, and she must pack all of her belongings in plastic, and keep them packed for a month afterwards. she works full time and cannot acomplish this task in that short of time. are there any rules reguarding this/
1 Comment

I’m not sure that it should take a week. Usually 3 days but even that can be reduced by 1 day for extra cost. Have her call the company that he’s using and ask them to clarify. Normally the company will hand out instructions on what needs to be done…..Also, I believe that she should be compensated, such as no rent during that period, possibly hotel/food cost. Check around. .  -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data.
Login to post a comment