Start a new topic

Need advice on becoming an Apartment Manager

Hello....I was recently offered a position as an Apartment Manager. The apartment has over 100 units. The previous owner supposedly had hundreds of violations. The new owner stated that these violations are being taken care of and will be rectified by the end of the year. This position includes a free apartment and utilities and a small but livable salary. Everything seems to be dandy...THIS is what is worrying me. My experience in life has lead me to believe that there is always a catch with something if it sounds to good to be true.... what am I missing here.....What can I expect if I take the leap into this Apartment Management job offer ? The apartment has 80% occupancy.  What will most likely be a typical day for me in this situation?  What demands, challenges and obstacles will I face ?
1 Comment

The typical high turnover in this business, a stream of tenant complaints and constant pressure from upper management are the usual. The main thing you need to be concerned with is living on the property you manage, my advice is to keep a back-up apt just in case things don't work out. Also, it could get sticky living in the same place as the residents if management is not tenant friendly.
Login to post a comment