Start a new topic

Assigning a property manager

I am an elderly property owner who is leasing a single family home to two tenants in Pennsylvania.  These tenants have given every excuse about why they haven't paid their rent and I'm not good at handling these type situations.  I've let it slide for several months now.  My son-in-law who is not in the rental or real estate business has offered to step in and try to remedy the situation by properly documenting and providing the necessary legal notices to either force payment or begin eviction.  Can I assign him as the property manager so he can just deal with the rent payments?  What paperwork or notices would be necessary if this can in fact be done?
1 Comment

Yes you can assign them as property manager and turn it over to them. You may also want to start speaking to a real estate attorney. You may need to evict them for non-payment of rent.
Login to post a comment