Start a new topic

lease

My lease ended on november 1st! My landlord gave me my info packet to renew my lease on February 4th! First he told me to put November 1st on all my paper work! He stated he has been to busy to give it to me before then! He also said that on November 1st 2008 my rent was suppose to increase and that i should have got a memo in March 2008 stating that rent was going up! In the memo it stated that any current resident who COMPLETES A RECERTIFICATION as well as new tennants will have the rent increase. If i have not completed a recertification how would this apply to me. It's not my fault that he has been to busy to give it to me. And why would I put November 1st on the new paper work when he gave it to me on February 4th! How is this legal! How would I owe back rent if the memo stated that IT WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO ANY CURRENT RESIDENT WHO COMPLETES A RECERT. Please help me! Thank you!

You must use a state specific lease, it may be emailed, but it should apply to the state the home you are renting in.
If you're going to email the lease, make sure it's in pdf format so terms of the contract can't be changed by tenant.
Is the premium package a form they can't change? Adobe Pro allows for changes to PDF so I would be sure to recheck lease either way.  
The creator of a pdf file controls what can be changed. In other words, it can be set so that the file can ONLY be printed.
A lease should be state specific. So if the rental is in AZ, then the lease should be as well.
The leases on this site are not editable, so you may safely send your tenant this state specific lease with concern of it being edited
Hmm Im not seeing anything that states that if I do not want to renew their lease how long to I have to give them to move out..
How can I terminate an Arizona lease?  A fixed term lease is a lease that contains a beginning date and an end date. Under Arizona statute, a fixed term lease simply ends on the date specified in the lease unless otherwise stated.  A periodic lease is a lease that continues from period to period (i.e. month to month). In Arizona, a periodic lease will usually continue until either a landlord or tenant gives the other notice of at least 30 days.  
Oh sorry ...Thx Bob appreciate that...Im tired today...
;-)
If you’ve made the decision not to renew your existing tenant’s lease, it’s important to ensure that you proceed with caution and cover all of your legal bases. This doc can be used... http://www.ezlandlordforms.com/documents/27/nonrenewal_notice/
@ Jessica - I'm assuming you are associated with EZ Landlord and therefore, you can answer my question. Does the Nonrenewal form work for ALL States or just AZ?
Thx for all the answers ...This is a tough one for me.. The current tenant is disabled and I am stuck between my personal feelings and professional feelings  She really need the pool and the family has relocated 1500 miles to live here..  Like I said before they have been late sometimes 2 months behind but always pay the late fee and are treating my house as if it is there own.  Planting a garden and flowers..  I am having 2nd thoughts about this situation..Do I keep a tenant that takes really good care of my property but  late with rent once and a while or take a chance on a stranger  My cousin lives right next door and works with the tenants husband
Re-Posting: @ Jessica - Not sure if you saw this when posted earlier. Question: I'm assuming you are associated with EZ Landlord and therefore, you can answer my question. Does the Nonrenewal form work for ALL States or just AZ?
Login to post a comment