Start a new topic

lease

My lease ended on november 1st! My landlord gave me my info packet to renew my lease on February 4th! First he told me to put November 1st on all my paper work! He stated he has been to busy to give it to me before then! He also said that on November 1st 2008 my rent was suppose to increase and that i should have got a memo in March 2008 stating that rent was going up! In the memo it stated that any current resident who COMPLETES A RECERTIFICATION as well as new tennants will have the rent increase. If i have not completed a recertification how would this apply to me. It's not my fault that he has been to busy to give it to me. And why would I put November 1st on the new paper work when he gave it to me on February 4th! How is this legal! How would I owe back rent if the memo stated that IT WOULD BE APPLICABLE TO ANY CURRENT RESIDENT WHO COMPLETES A RECERT. Please help me! Thank you!

I am not sure, but one thing we do with our properties is to get tenants insurance. Depends on the coverage of the policy, I guess. We also recommend to our tenants to get their own Rental Insurance in case there is any vandalism, robbery, etc. We had one tenant wanting us to call our insurance because someone broke in and stole thousands of money from the property. I reminded him of the rental insurance we recommended and that is part of the lease they signed. We were not responsible for their losses. Some of his items were stolen and one door was damaged. He paid for the damaged cause during the break in. I hope this helps you.
What if there is a fire am I responsible for the tenants property ?
What if there is a fire am I responsible for the tenants property ?
Hello Mary,  All our rental applications are for Tenants and Co-Signers they both work the same way. In the lease, you will add them to STEP 1 of the lease under Co-Signer.  Our ezSign process only works for the landlord and tenants at this time. We do hope to be adding to this feature in the near future. Once all tenants sign the lease and you receive the signed copy, you can email it to the cosigner. The cosigner can then print out and sign the agreement, then send it back to you for your records.
Typically "Yes". Legally, it's considered a MTM verbal.
A lease should name every adult who will reside. Period.
Hard copy may not be required. CA Code 1950.5 in part: After either the landlord or the tenant provides notice to terminate the tenancy, the landlord and the tenant may also agree to have the landlord provide a copy of the itemized statement along with the copies required by paragraph (2) to an email account provided by the tenant.
I would email him the PDF and tell him in the note with the PDF that you are mailing hard copy. Keep receipt of postage for tax deduction and evidence of sending.
Is there a reason you can't send it via email as a PDF file?
Usually there has to be a cause. Look in the lease for notice requirements on having the tenant vacate.
Yes the lease will still be valid if in the lease is states that once lease expires it will be a month to month tenancy. The rules that would change is the amount of time to give notice to tenants on the month to month.
Dear Vladimir,  You can sign up for a free account and it is always free on our site. If you are looking for free forms go to Forms > Free Documents. In this section all of the forms are listed. If you need help at all finding things do not hesitate to chat with us on Live Chat, we are available 7 days a week! We look forward to helping you.
Karin, sorry I missed your last post. Here’s some thing to consider. At some point in our life we all have missed a payment. That doesn’t make us a bad person? I way I would handle a tenant like yours is to sit down and talk it over with them (in their home) as to why they were late, missing payments and/or discuss their situation. It’s amazing how much information you can get by spending a little time with tenants over coffee/tea. Being a landlord is not just collecting rent. I command you on your positive attitude. However, there are times that you have to act quickly and put your foot down hard. This doesn’t appear to be the case. The fact that they made up the payment in a reasonable time and are taking good care of the property tends to indicate that they are good people. Since relatives move to the area to help, suggest that maybe it would help if they were co-signers to the lease. You may be surprised. If they agree, put together a Change of Term if tenants are on a month-to-month or the lease will expire soon. The Notice should state that relative(s) agree to be co-signers to the existing lease dated. All must sign, including current tenants. If not, create a new lease. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with this EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Karin, it's really not a question anyone can answer for you. There is no way to predict.
Re-Posting: @ Jessica - Not sure if you saw this when posted earlier. Question: I'm assuming you are associated with EZ Landlord and therefore, you can answer my question. Does the Nonrenewal form work for ALL States or just AZ?
Login to post a comment