Start a new topic

Personal Possessions Remain

I gave my tenants Notice to Vacate. (They were in my rental for over a month, wrote a rent check on closed account, so never were compliant with the lease agreement). They did finally begin moving out, and did return a key (there were two). They left an old refrigerator (in storage in the basement), a lamp, a settee. I cannot get them to respond to phone calls at all.  Since I did not have to get a Summary Eviction, what can I do about these items left behind?

Presumption - Of abandonment arises 10 days after Landlord posts notice of suspected abandonment inside and outside the premises and tenant does not respond and the paid rental period has expired. Abandoned Property - If the property left on the premises at the time of execution is worth less than $100, it is deemed abandoned 5 days after execution and can be disposed of by the Landlord. Take pictures just in case.
At Carolina Mountain Sales, we feel honored to welcome you to this special place.  Whether you are looking to buy your first home or second home in Western North Carolina, Watch this Video: http://discoverwnc.com/video.html Or  www.carolinamountainsales.com/video-c12715.html
Login to post a comment