Start a new topic

tenant violated lease because of drugs

police busted in my door because tenants were suspected of doing drugs. police found crack pipe but no drugs to my knowlege. now the police want me to evict them. do i give them 10 days or 30 day notice? and is there a special eviction form i can use? please help.

The law authorizes county courts to order the quick removal of tenants involved in drug-related criminal activity or violence, even when there is no arrest. Prior written notice is not required to remove a tenant. I would go to your local courthouse and ask about these expedited hearings. They will let you know what you need to do.
my house was raided tonight, appears new tenants were running a meth house, is there a way to do a quick eviction in the state of az.  I am afraid the tenants will return to the house, it's unknown if they were arrested at this time.
Diane, contact your local police.
I have a tenant with drug issues. Her and her 10 year old daughter rent a room in my house. She has admitted to using on my property but I don’t have proof . Could I get in trouble if the police find out and I didn’t report it? I am hoping they can stay till the end of the school year for her daughters sake. I have asked her to get help and to not do it on my property many times with no success . She is on disability and has many other issues and I really care about both of them. What should I do and how do I protect myself ?
Login to post a comment