Start a new topic

The whole truth and nothing but the ?

I always wanted to know why a tenant can ruin you rental with trash and filth, and when you have to give a reference you have to watch what you say. The tenant can not argue if he is a pig

I would use my words wisely when giving a reference but I would be very honest. What can the tenant do if you took pictures of the condition he/she left your property in? What is the harm in documenting the mess that was left? In addition, I would let the new property owner know that I would not rent to them again. Therefore, if would like to see a visual of the condition your property was left in,  then you can share your pictures on the situation with them,  and they will draw their own conclusion.
Erica, thank you, I always leave a good paper trail and also take pictures, in case I wind up in court, It just sometimes gets to me ,see I look at renting to a bad tenant is like a bad disease , it can start off small and end in a tragic mess .
I would be honest when referencing. Tenants are known for asking cash for keys.  I might try the reverse.   By the way, if you ever do move to evict a tenant, when a LL sees EVICTION on their background check, they'll want to know the truth anyway. Win or loose, eviction is reflected on your record the min. the courts get involved.
Login to post a comment