Start a new topic

First time landlord.

I just recently decided to rent my home out for 3 months to a traveling nurse. Now my house has been empty for a year because i've heard nothing but horror stories about renters and what has been done to personal property..   The nurse needed a place to stay ASAP as it was a last minute decision by the hospital to renew her contract and her previous landlord was going to rent his property to another tenet. So within 2 days she was moved in. Now the only thing i did wasa written agreement about the length of stay and monthly rent. Its only 3 months.   Well she asked the other day if she could stay another 3 months if the Hospital will keep her. I said yes but now i would like to present her with this lease agreement that i did on this website to make it more official. She just made the 3rd payment on time and has been responsible.   When she leaves I will use this Lease agreement from here on out and do background checks.    I'm i headed in the right direction with this.

Anthony first and formost , credit check and back ground check , a tenant can make you broke if he cannot pay you, a credit will weed bad tenants off. Liability insurance if some one gets hurt they cannot sue you.  Make  sure all your building codes are up to date. Take pictures of your place in case of damages done, walk thru with tenant and have a checklist and have them sign off .
Donald what do i need to do? This is why I'm writing this for suggestions and the proper forms i need to consider. thanks for your reply..
Anthony, what happends if she falls on your property and breaks her leg and cannot work?
Login to post a comment