Start a new topic

Landscaper quit

We just recently rented out our residence that we had lived in for 5 years.  We have had the same yard maintenance guy the entire time.  When we rented out our home we asked him to continue doing our yard and made it a part of the lease to sweeten the deal. I received a call last week and my maintenance guy quit because the demands of the tenants are too great.  What can I do?  What do I HAVE to do?  How do I write a letter to the tenants?, ect.  I have posted in a reply the section of our lease agreement where it discusses the issue at hand.  Oh, and the house is in Arizona.  TIA

I've been trying to post my lease agreement, but it won't let me :(.  I begged and begged and begged!  There is too much going on in his life and he is cutting the big jobs and the headache jobs.  We are both (we have a HUGE yard).
talk to the landscaper... explain that he works for YOU not the tenant. Then... tell the tenant to leave the landscaper alone.  You hired him.. he does exactly the job you want done, and it is not their business to be talking to the landscaper about anything.    If they have any complaints, instructions, etc...they need to talk to you.  Maybe the landscaper will understand and once he knows that you have taken steps to stop this..he might stay working for you
11. UTILITIES & SERVICES: A. Tenant is responsible for the following utilities and services: Water, Gas, Electricity, Sewer, Garbage and Recycling, Cable/Satellite TV, Phone, Internet services, and all interior cleaning services. The Tenant is required to register the utilities and services in the Tenant’s name with a start date of no later than February 5th, 2010. Tenant understands and agrees that essential services are to be maintained and operational at all times. B. Landlord will be responsible for the following services: H.O.A. Dues, bi-weekly landscaping and pool service. I. Tenant agrees that Landlord will not be held responsible for the loss of use, or discontinuation or interruption of any extra serves beyond the Landlord’s control. II. Tenant shall notify the Landlord of any malfunction of a service. If by tenant’s negligence, the service fee dramatically increases; tenant will be billed for overages which will then be due and payable by the tenant as additional rent.
Okay, so it posted, finally!!!!!  Do i need to supply a maintenance person or can I tell them to find their own?
Login to post a comment