Start a new topic

TenantMessage.com

Anyone using a rent reminder service like this...  http://tenantmessage.com/main/  Looks like something that might help with getting rent on time, experience with it?

I have a similar question:  I have a tenant that constantly pays late and now is behind due to late fees alone. I have sent several e-mail late notices but like Bob said... they could care less. They have actually gotten worse, not better.   The question is this: At what point do you have the right to ask for an eviction? We are so tired of this tenants' non-caring attitude about OUR PROPERTY, OUR RESIDENCE, OUR INVESTMENT. What do we do?
Simply put - the 1st time they are late or miss a payment. Send them a Notice to Pay or Quit. If you have an agency deliver the notice, charge them + admin fees for yourself if your contract addresses such situations. In CA it cost $95 for such service + I charge $75 for admin fees. For some strange reason those extra fees seem to improve the tenant's memory. If not, eviction is next. ----- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. Also, since State/Local laws vary, you should check with a Real Estate Attorney. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
I believe the website advertising is somewhat misleading. “Tenant Message” will NOT guarantee that your tenant will send you the rent when due. Nor will it prevent you from having to “Chase Down” your tenant if rent is not received. Nor is there a guarantee that you will “Get Your Rent Faster”. A most tenants that pay late on a regular basis could care less about reminders. Responsible tenants will pay their rent on time. If they don’t, you should contact them for a reason. They may have a reasonable explanation. Bottom line – No email reminder is going to help you receive your rent if unreasonable tenants are not willing to abide by the contract.  ----- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. Also, since State/Local laws vary, you should check with a Real Estate Attorney. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Login to post a comment