Start a new topic

inspect rented home

Our home rented and at the moment we live out of state. We would like to inspect the home while we are visitng our family. Can I just ask to inspect the home ?  Thak you for your help Margaret

This may help.   http://ohmyapt.apartmentratings.com/notice-requirements-for-landlords-entering-rented-property-by-state.html ..... I would call them to agree on a date/time and follow up with a letter “as per our conversation…..”  -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
thank you Bob for your help.
I am not sure what state your rental is in, but in California, you are not allowed to just "inspect" the home.  A good way around that is to say you are doing an annual inspection of the smoke alarm, and want to change the batteries.   www.lingschrealty.com
Thank you for your advise Natalie.
Login to post a comment