Start a new topic

Credit check and tenant information

I am trying to rent out one of my houses and going through a property management company. They called today and said they have a renter. They will not disclose to me credit check information and just say they passed some sort of software application that says they are ok. They can't even tell me their credit score. What kind of information should the property management tell me?  Thanks

Time to find someone else. Check your contract with them and see what they’re required to give you. If contract (you should have signed a contract with them spelling out the terms) says nothing as to what you receive, I would assume you would get everything even if they continue to manage. I would be concerned if they are not willing to show you the information. It says to me that they are not doing their job. Remember, they work for you and you set the terms. You may want to report them to the Board of Realty…….I use a Real Estate Co that has property management.  They must use my Application form, Rental Agreement/Addendums and Inspection forms…….For ½ the rent, they do all the advertising, credit checks and showing. If they find someone that qualifies, they email me the application and credit reports for my inspection and approval. They also must have applicants read/sign the, do the walk thru, collect the initial rent and deposit (no personal checks) and hand over the keys……I then receive all the Original paperwork  and $$$$ less the ½ months rent. After that, I take over and handle any problems and collect rent via direct deposits. . -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data. Check out the new $$$$ for 2012
Bob, thanks for your time and advace to Dan. Well said ! I'm new on this site and deep appreciate your knowledge on matter  to help us the new guys...
Login to post a comment