Start a new topic

Asset Checks not showing income but person is working why?

Hello, I have a former tenant I have been trying to locate. Finally found her she is workling but when as Asset check is ran it doesn't show she has income. I know in most case this would mean she was working under the table but I have proof that she is not. She is working int he medical field.  Does anyone know why it would show no assets?  Thanks Jessica

@Jessica – what are you trying to accomplish
could there be a delay in reporting?
If you have a judgement, you should be able to have someone like the Sheriff Dept do the collection. Check the Court House where you obtained the judgement. Also, check the web for collecting in your county….. You may also be able to call her employer’s HR. Tell them you have a judgement against her. They may be willing to give you information that you normally are not privy too. Again, check local laws as to what you can do. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Unfortunately, it is impossible to give comprehensive real estate/tax advice over the internet, no matter how well researched or written. Therefore, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local Tax Laws. Also, if you have real questions, you should consult with an attorney or tax professional……Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data. Check out the new $$$$ for 2013
At the time I had a property Management Company. So there Collection's Attorney is handling everything but says until we show Assets we can't garnish wages doesn't really make since and I don't want to waste my money getting my own attonery just to eat up any money that I would get back from the Tennat. They owed $3000 in 2010 since then supposedly there are not any assets doesn't make since at all. I am not sure I can do anything on my own with it since I had a protection plan with the property management company at the time of this tenant that covers all the legal stuff that is happening right now.
@ Karen No there is not a delay in reporting she has been working in all of 2012 and current and report still not showing income.  @ Bob I have a judgment and trying to garnish wages but hard to garnish wages if the asset check always show nothing. I found my previous tenat on Facebook with several comments she is working and also found a friend from highschool works with her. Tenant is a Nurse its a legit job why would it not show up on an asset check?
At the time I had a property Management Company. So there Collection's Attorney is handling everything but says until we show Assets we can't garnish wages doesn't really make since and I don't want to waste my money getting my own attonery just to eat up any money that I would get back from the Tennat. They owed $3000 in 2010 since then supposedly there are not any assets doesn't make since at all. I am not sure I can do anything on my own with it since I had a protection plan with the property management company at the time of this tenant that covers all the legal stuff that is happening right now.
As you mentioned, is it worth the effort. I would still check if you can get some info from the Sheriff…. Does she have a car? That’s an asset. I believe you can also summon her to court to show all her assets…Again, you do have a right to call her employer to verify that she’s working there. Get something in writing stating how long she’s been employed, part/full time and her earnings…..If you continue, keep us posted. I’m sure others would be interested. . -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Unfortunately, it is impossible to give comprehensive real estate/tax advice over the internet, no matter how well researched or written. Therefore, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local Tax Laws. Also, if you have real questions, you should consult with an attorney or tax professional……Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data. Check out the new $$$$ for 2013
Login to post a comment