Start a new topic

Tenant wants out

I have a tenant who just renewed for another year but her roomate did not. She asked if her sister and nephew could move in also this year. Since she has been a great tenant  and after interview and app. from sister it was approved. The original tenant now finds that she can not get along with sister and wants to move out. I believe the second sister is going to be a problem tenant (noise, late night friends over,etc). If one wants to break the lease, how do I get both out? They are both on lease. I am looking to avoid future problems. Neither one will qualify on their own to pay rent

If they are under a lease, if they are responsible for the rent, have them pay you out to move or do the leg work and find you a new tenant.. something like that
Depending on the lease, generally all tenant are responsible wholly and separately. This is whether or not they descide to move out. I would have the "good" tenant try to to pursuade the other tenant to move. This way everyone will be in agreement.
Login to post a comment