Start a new topic

eviction

Our tenant is way behind on their rent. they have been promising to pay but have not made any payment for over a month. We found out that he no longer has his job. We gave them a three day eviction notice, can we change the locks after three days if they decide not to leave?

Thanks, she has left the unit a few days ago leaving thousands of dollars of damages, I will take her back to court to try to garnish her meager wages. Also found evidence of drug use in the mess she left, went to the cops, they don't care...
Is not that the police does not care. , they have other more pressing cases than to chase after the hundred of bad tenants.  We own 12 units and we have had our share of this very common problem.  Yes, it is very unfortunate that we have irresponsible people but at the same token, many more are good tenants.  I'm sorry ab out your loss.  Many police officers are landlords and they have experienced the same problem you, I and other landlords have.
Yes you can give the two weeks notice as long as you have some sort of proof of the payment arrangement. You can use the 2 week payment deposits as proof and any written verification. Text messages, emails and recorded conversation will help!
Pennsylvania renter did not pay rent Nov 1st when due. Nov 14th gave them late rent demand for payment. No pay so on Nov 17th gave them Pennsylvania 10 day notice to quit.  So do I go to Magistrate on Nov 29th to file papers or what is my next step?
Don't understand enter valid values for:Message
You can file eviction immediately for not paying full rent, you may want to contact a real estate attorney. You need to get the house cleared out and remove any occupants so that you can properly take care of the house.
Thank You Patty.
OMG that is awful! Get an attorney to help you handle this. looks like you've got yourself a pesky squatter.
Get an attorney and File an unlawful detainer.  Non payment of rent, no lease terms is enough to file an eviction.  http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/evictions.shtml
If you have a long term lease with tenants, I believe your 30 day notice is invalid. The 3 day notice to rectify the situation was correct. However, activating both may have cause a greater problem..... I suggest you contact a lawyer to help you. Keep us posted.
Look into a 3-Day Notice to correct lease violation or move.
What is a 3 day notice to correct lease? Also i cant move, this is my home. I worked hard to purchase this home and even harder to make all the improvements.
Do a Google search
Whoever is on the leasing contract, is who should receive the security deposit back.
Go down to the Court office and file now.
Login to post a comment